2010 Horn Point Fly-in Information
Friday - May 21
- set-up (early arrivals welcome)
- 6 pm - Dinner at Suicide Bridge Restaurant, Secretary, MD
Saturday - May 22
- Dawn - Antique Aerodrome Opens
- 9:00 am - Registration begins - $10 per aircraft
- 9:30 am - Judging begins
- 2 pm - Judging Ends
- 4 pm - Awards Presentation
Sunday - May 23
- Landing aircraft will use a standard left-hand
pattern, 800' AGL. Runway 27 is the calm-wind runway. CTAF - 122.9
- No touch-and-go landings.
- Pilots MUST secure wing walkers before
taxiing into or out of aircraft parking areas.
- Fly-By Pattern operational only when active
runway is 27. Fly-By Traffic will use right-hand pattern and must remain
north of runway 9-27.
- Absolutely no Fly-Bys across runway 9-27, or
over the crowd or parking areas.
- No aerobatics within a 5-mile radius of the
field or near the town of Cambridge.
Cambridge (Best Value) Inn - (Fly-in
Headquarters) 2831 Ocean Gtwy, Cambridge - 410 221-0800.
Comfort Inn & Suites - 2936 Ocean
Gtwy, Cambridge - 410 901-0926
Holiday Express -
2717 Ocean Gtwy, Cambridge, MD 21613 - 410 221-9900
Days Inn - 2917 Ocean Gtwy,
Cambridge - 410 288-4444
Road Directions from the North:
Route 50 South over Choptank River Bridge, proceed 3/4 mile through Cambridge,
make a right at light onto Crusader St. Go 1 block and turn right onto
Washington Street. Go 3.1 miles to fork in the road at Long's Grocery
(former gas station), veer right onto Horn Point Road. Go 1.6 miles and
Aerodrome will be on your right.